A Breve Latte is a unique coffee drink that is made with espresso and steamed milk. It’s similar to a latte but has less foam. The term “breve” comes from the word “brief,” because it can be whipped up quickly. Breves is also known as Viennese Lattes or Flat Whites in some countries like New Zealand and Australia. In this blog post, we will discuss what a breve latte is, the breve latte recipe for making it at home, how to make one using different types of milk substitutes, iced caramel breve recipe ideas, and more!
What is a Breve Latte?
- A Breve Latte is not simply the half of espresso, it includes steamed milk and foam that are made with coffee instead of espresso. The word Breve in Italian means “short” or “brief.” This term refers to how short (in time ) a Breve Latte is because it takes less time to brew than an espresso.
- A Breve Latte also includes steamed milk and foam that are made with coffee instead of espresso. It’s like making a latte but you use brewed coffee as the liquid rather than espresso or water
Breve Latte Recipes
Breves is a great way to enjoy the taste of coffee without having to drink it black or with cream and sugar. The milk in this caffeinated beverage can be made from dairy, soy, rice, or almond milk instead of cow’s milk for those looking to avoid dairy products. There is no need for an espresso machine when making breves at home – they’re easy enough for anyone! Here are some recipes on how you can make your own delicious homemade Breve Lattes at home without needing any special equipment:
- Add two shots of hot brewed espresso into the bottom cup of a French press carafe. Press down on the plunger until just about all air bubbles have been removed and then immediately pour the Breve Latte into a second cup.
- Fill a mug with ice, pour in one shot of hot brewed espresso, and fill it up to the top with your favorite milk alternative (dairy, soy, rice, or almond). Stir until combined. Pour over more ice for a delicious Iced Caramel Breve!
- Combine two cups of cold water and instant coffee in a pot on medium heat. Once the mixture has reached boiling point turn off the stove and let sit for five minutes before adding sugar if desired. Add as much creamer as you like then serve up this creamy treat without any need for an espresso machine at all!
Breves is not just limited to lattes – they can be made into various other coffee drinks!
- Vanilla Breve Mocha: Make a cup of instant chocolate (or your favorite hot cocoa mix) and pour it into cold milk.
- Almond Breve Latte: Add almond milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, or other spices to create an almond-flavored latte.
- Unsweetened Breves is great for those looking to reduce sugar intake as they can be mixed with just water. But if you really want that sweet taste add some honey or any of the syrups mentioned before – like caramel flavor syrup which will make sure that even though this drink is unsweetened, it still tastes delicious!
Breve Latte Ingredients
Brewed Coffee Breve + Milk or Whole milk (or any other type of dairy) – depends on preference. The typical items needed for a coffee maker/steamer + espresso machine include milk, water, sugar (or honey), cinnamon sticks, and nutmeg to give it that extra flavor boost. There’s also cream which can be added to the mixture in order to make things even more decadent!
What is the Difference Between a Breve Latte and a Latte?
- A breve latte has less foam than lattes, making it more like iced coffee because they are typically not so sweet or heavy in flavor. The average size for a drink that contains both espresso (espresso machine) as well as steamed milk (coffee maker/steamer).
- A latte is an espresso drink with milk that has been frothed, whereas a Breve coffee does not have any foam. A breve also often contains more water than a typical Americano; the latter tends to be stronger and tastes strongly brewed coffee beans.
What Are The Best Milk Alternatives For Breve Latte?
- Rice milk is a great alternative for Breve coffee because it does not contain any animal products.
- Almond, soy, and coconut are other good options if you want something that tastes similar to cow’s milk but also has the added benefits of plant protein and essential fatty acids.
Recipes For Iced Caramel Breves
- Caramel syrup
- Breve Latte Mix (or Breve Coffee)
- Ice cubes for the drink, crushed ice in a bowl for topping
Directions: Place all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth and pour over ice. Top with whipped cream or dairy alternative if desired! Makes one drink.
Mix together chocolate syrup and heavy cream before adding in caramel ice cream topping for this delicious twist on a classic recipe! Get creative by using different sauces or jams for your own personal flavor combinations. Try experimenting with sweeteners like honey as well to find what you enjoy most!
How To Make Delicious Homemade Lattes Without an Espresso Machine!
All you need for this recipe is brewed regular coffee with some water added to make it easier to pour, coconut oil which helps add fat content into the beverage while also adding more flavor, and a tablespoon of honey to add sweetness.
For this recipe, you’ll need some boiling water, ground coffee beans, almond milk, and maple syrup which all blend together before adding ice cubes that act as both mixer and freezer giving it great consistency without needing any fancy equipment.
A latte is an espresso drink with milk that has been frothed, whereas a Breve coffee does not have any foam. A breve also often contains more water than a typical Americano; the latter tends to be stronger and tastes strongly brewed coffee beans.
Frequently Asked Question
|In terms of calorie and fat content, a latte is definitely the healthier option. Since breve is made from half whole milk and half-light or heavy cream, the calorie and cholesterol content can go through the roof. You should also take note that half-and-half will not double in size when it is frothed.|
|So what is a breve? It's an American variation of the latte. A breve is an espresso-based drink made with steamed half-and-half instead of milk. The drink is then finished off with a nice layer of frothed milk foam on top.|
|A breve is a mixture of espresso and a steamed half-and-half mix of whole milk and light cream or (heavy cream). Meanwhile, mocha is an espresso mixed with chocolate syrup and milk. However, both mocha and breve are espresso-based lattes. You can enjoy both iced or hot versions of the two latte drinks.|