The health benefits of honey adding to your coffee are numerous. Not only is it a delicious addition, but it also provides antioxidants and helps to sweeten the drink naturally without sugar or artificial sweeteners. If you have switched from sugar to honey in your coffee often report feeling more energized, less jittery, and having better skin. Coffee with honey is an easy healthy hack that many people aren’t aware of!
Should You Add Honey In Your Coffee?
Yes- honey has some amazing properties such as being an antioxidant. It also can help reduce inflammation, allergies, and asthma symptoms. If your running low on time or have a hectic morning routine adding this one simple ingredient could be beneficial for both yourself physically AND mentally!
Honey In Coffee – Antioxidant
In a recent study, people who replaced sugar with honey in their coffee saw an increase of up to 20% more antioxidants. Antioxidants are one piece of the puzzle when it comes to fighting to age and protecting your skin from UV damage, so this is not something you want to skip out on!
True or False: Using Honey in Coffee Instead of Sugar Is an Easy Healthy Hack
- Some may say that adding honey instead of sugar isn’t much better because both options contain calories. However, if you’re looking for alternatives for sweeteners like artificial or high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) then swapping sugars for honey is preferable as these added ingredients can lead to health problems such as obesity which increases the risk for heart diseases, diabetes type II, cancer and other chronic illnesses. Honey has been shown time and time again to help with digestion and is a great addition for people who are looking for ways to improve their gut health.
- Some of the most common misconceptions about honey in your coffee come from how it affects blood sugar levels, or if there’s any difference between adding regular sugar versus honey. However, studies have found that using honey instead of sugar might be one way you can increase your antioxidant intake without having to worry too much about weight gain because both sweeteners contain 16 calories per tablespoon but when solely comparing HFCS to Honey, the latter contains more antioxidants – thus giving it an edge as being better overall!
- Antioxidants For Skin Protection
- Digestion Aid
- Fewer Calories Than Sugar Alternatives
- Less Addictive
- More Nutritious
How Do You Make Coffee by Adding Honey in Your Coffee?
- In a small pot, pour in boiling water over coffee grounds and let it sit for about three minutes or until your desired strength. When you’re ready to drink, add honey as a sweetener. You can do this immediately before drinking the coffee, but make sure that the sugar dissolves first! If using an Aeropress method, use half of a teaspoon of honey per cup of coffee instead, then press down with just enough pressure so that you hear air escape from below.
- And if making espresso shots (espresso machines), use one tablespoon per shot rather than two tablespoons when adding regular sugar versus honey! This is because espresso machines are more sensitive to sugary ingredients like honey, which can create a bitter taste in the finished product.
- In hot water or tea, add one tablespoon of honey for every cup of liquid and heat gently before drinking!
- You might also want to try adding honey into your favorite recipes that call for sugar like lemonade, baked goods, pancakes, etc. You’ll never know if you don’t give it a go!
Honey Vs Sugar – Sweeten Coffee With Honey
- You can’t really compare the two, they both have different properties and are made from different ingredients but here’s a quick breakdown of what is in each so you can decide for yourself which will work best for you!
- High fructose corn syrup (or HFCS) has been found to be more harmful than sugar, according to Harvard researchers who linked it with increased risks of obesity, type-II diabetes, and metabolic syndrome. However, there isn’t enough evidence yet on honey as an ingredient that could lead to any potential health issues. It does contain natural sugars since it’s derived from plants though; so it’s not a perfect replacement.
- When you are looking for sweeteners, really there is no clear answer on which is the best and healthiest option to go with – just keep in mind that when possible try to use less of anything!
So honey in your coffee is a healthy hack and has antioxidants, which means this is the sweetener you should use in your coffee.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of adding honey to coffee?
It will increase metabolism. similar to coffee, honey is an exceptional supply to enhance metabolism. It includes antioxidants that raise coronary heart health and metabolism and a better metabolism method that your frame will work greater correctly in relation to burning fats, thus quickening the manner of weight loss.
Your point of view caught my eye and was very interesting. Thanks. I have a question for you.